December 6, 2007

Our first night in Moab

It's two in the morning, we'd been driving since sunset, we were tired and wanting to arrive in Moab. I told Alain; lets pull over and find a flat spot to sleep and we'll go to Moab in the morning. He didn't seem to have a problem with that, so we agreed to pull over at the next road we see. So we turn right on to the road. To my surprise we hit a sand pit and I went down three times. I wasn't even in Moab 5 minutes and already I dipped my bike..............
We arrived at David Schipper's compound as we call it on Sept.28 2007. We heard he was showing a slide show on his recent expedition on K2. Alain and I though it would be a good place to meet some locals and get some info on Moab and the climbing area's around. As it ends up we stayed there for about a month. David or should I say "Schipper" showed the utmost hospitality towards us and made us feel at home in his home. As our stay progressed at David's we helped him with a few things he had to do around the compound. It was a beautiful place to wake up everyday and start the morning with a nice fresh cup of coffee and beautiful sun shining in our faces.

No comments: