January 30, 2008

All you need is Red Bull


Moonlight Mission
We decided to go on a Moonlight Marathon. We climbed 800 meters from 8 pm to 9 am. It was a lot of fun climbing under full moon. We did a photo shoot as well. Al got really creative and pulled out some really wicked shots. most of them are long exposures. 

Gravity's Test was the third climb we did and was by far the wildest night climb we'd done. It took me a while to motivate myself to get on this icicle. I'm glad I did though.

At this moment in time I'm about to place my last screw and head for the finish. The only problem was that I accidently dropped my screw and was left with no other screw about 2 meters from my last placement and about 8 meters from the top.  I had no choice but to keep going and run it out. I remember getting in a certain zone that I don't see to often. If I were to fall from the top it wouldn't of been good. Luckily I held it together and made it safely. I'll always remember that 10 minutes of my life. 

No comments: