May 11, 2008

Right place at the Right Time...


After spending a nice relaxing day at the restaurant, we decided to hit the road the next morning and make our way further down the coast. It wasn't too long after leaving we saw a coffee shop that said Real Italian Coffee shop, with internet. Al looks at me " want to stop and check a few emails before we go any further? " I looked at him and said sure why not, internet with a real cappucino sounds good to me. It had been a while since we had a good coffee with internet. We spent over 2 hours in the nice cooled air condition coffee shop before I started to crave a smoke so bad I had to go buy one at the Pemex. When I was walking back to the coffee shop, I noticed someone was checking out our bikes. I stopped and made conversation with the guy. Told him about our vision to travel the world on these bikes and climb along the way. He asked me what our next goal was and I told him we were headed to Puebla to climb Pico de Orizaba. He looked at me and said" well you know I'm actually a guide for Orizaba so if you need any information I would be glad to sit down over a coffee and answer any questions for you. I thought to myself this is too good to be true because we had more than a few questions and now we had someone to answer them all. We headed inside and sat down with Alain who was on google Earth at the time and started chatting. After about half an hour Victor, the gentlemen we just met invited us to have dinner with him and his family at their cottage down the road on the beach.

No comments: